"For I can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13



Monday, November 30, 2009

My Mia

This sweet little thing is Mia. We found her about a year ago in the alley behind our house. When we found her she was covered in sap, fleas, and dirt. Her ears had nasty ear mites in them. We cleaned her up, fed her, and gave her a home. She turned out to be the best cat we've ever had. She's sweet, cuddly, never snips at the kids. Mia and I actually have our breakfast together every morning. Well, ok, I eat breakfast, she just sits on my lap and purrs. But it's been our routine for the last year.
Today my son had an allergy test. He's been having horrible coughing fits for roughly the last year. We thought he was just getting a lot of colds. It turns out that he's allergic to animals. Just about any animal with fur he's allergic to. Which means (you guessed it) we now need to find another home for our Mia. I'm heartbroken. I love my cat and don't want to get rid of her. The kids love her. Even Shane likes her, which is saying something. He doesn't really like pets. But our Mia won him over too. So it's a sad day in our household. I pray we can find her a wonderful home with people I know will take excellent care of her. She's been such a wonderful cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment