"For I can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13



Thursday, November 12, 2009

Here's a thought

So I've recently been accused of being an infrequent blogger. I realize it's been awhile since I've blogged, but I haven't had anything interesting to discuss! Until now...

I'm reading this wonderful book called "He Chose The Nails" by Max Lucado. It talks about the many gifts that God gave us when Jesus was crucified. Yeah, the obvious one was our salvation. But did you know that the only requirement for our salvation was Jesus' blood to be shed? I didn't know that either. So then you may ask, why didn't Jesus resist those nails? I know I certainly would have! It's human nature to flinch when you KNOW you're going to be in pain. Jesus, though, was no mere human, was He? Here's what the book says about it. The soldier went to hammer a nail into Jesus' hand and He turned to look. Invisible to everyone but Jesus and all those in Heaven, was a list. On this list was every single one of our lies, our lustful thoughts, our greed. This list was between His hand and the wood of the cross. It was nailed to the cross and the top was covered by His hand. The bottom of the list was illegible because His blood covered the rest. He opened His hand because He saw this particular list with all of our sins, and He couldn't stand the thought of eternity without us. So, as the book says, as the hands of Jesus opened for the nail, the doors of Heaven opened for us. I don't know about you, but when I read that, I have never felt so much love in my entire life! He knew exactly what was going to be done, and He went ahead and let it happen. At any point in time, Jesus could have stopped the whole thing. He could have pointed his finger at those soldiers who had mistreated Him and the whole thing would have been done. But if He had, where would that leave us? Lost. We'd be lost. There would be no hope. We'd all be doomed. So now tell me, who did He die for? Who did He go through the torture and the pain for? Me! And you! He died with my name on His lips. He died with your name on His lips. He loved us enough to die for us! Don't you think we should show Him how much we love Him too? Don't you think that since He died for us, we should live for Him? I don't know about you, but I think it's a great idea! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so infrequent blogger might have been harsh....lol Nah.

    I think about what you wrote and this came to mind. I love my children. I would die for them that they be able to live. BUT I don't think I could still have the where with all to WATCH the nail going in.

    ReplyDelete