"For I can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13



Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Few Things...



My little girl lost her first tooth yesterday! Well, I had to pull it (after much arguing). She thought it would hurt really bad and didn't want me to touch her tooth. It was hanging on my a thread (in a manner of speaking) and I tried to tell her that it wouldn't hurt and if it did, I would stop. So this is the end result of the fiasco! She looks cute without her little tooth, doesn't she?

One thing I learned the other day. I was watching the Ellen show and she had on these "plus sized" models. I'm telling you, they did not looked plus-sized to me! I'd say they ranged from about a size 8 to maybe a 12. Not what I'd consider plus-sized. According to these models, in the modeling industry, a plus size is anyone over a size 6!!! Are we serious? No wonder so many girls in this world have so many issues with their weight! My sister isn't even a size 6 and she's built like a Barbie doll! There is seriously something wrong with our society if we encourage young girls to starve themselves for perfection. The only person that ever walked this earth who was perfect was Jesus Christ, and I doubt he worried about His weight! I for one have decided to just accept myself the way I am! If people don't like the way I look, turn the other way!! I love myself just the way I am! God loves me just the way I am! Take that modeling industry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment