"For I can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13



Saturday, September 19, 2009

My (rather fast) Journey to Christ

Here's a story: I was baptized last week! It was awesome! It was a bit of a whirlwind, my return to Christ. I had always believed in God, but didn't receive Christ as my Savior. I found an old high school friend of mine on Facebook. I was going thru some things in my life at the time, feeling all alone and a bit depressed. She told me I should try GCC. I didn't see what the good of it would be. I mean, I didn't know how just going to church would help me. But I did try it. I almost didn't. I gathered up my kids and Kelly (my friend and cousin) and went to church one Sunday. The message was about judging. The crazy thing is, Kelly and I had been talking about that very same thing on the car ride to church! I promise you, when we heard the message was about judgement, our eyes were as big as saucers! It was a wonderful message, and it just reached out and took hold of me. I think I finally got it, you know? I accepted Christ that very day, and have never looked back! Then I started hearing about Baptism '09. I didn't really think much of it at first. Then on a Sunday a few weeks after I started attending church again, I was sitting at home (after church of course), watching a Nascar race on TV, not thinking about anything in particular. I suddenly had a "Flash of Thought" as I like to call it. My flash of thought was about me getting baptized. It was so awesome! And I thought maybe God was trying to lead me to get baptized. At the time, the baptism Sunday was busy for me. I wouldn't have been able to do it. So I prayed about it, wondering if God wanted me to do it this year or next year. Suddenly that Sunday opened right up! And still I questioned it. I made the decision to wait until next year, so that I was a bit more stable in my faith. The decision I made for myself didn't sit well with me. My spirit wasn't ok with the decision. So I continued to pray about it. Then I went out to dinner with my friend Laura (the one I had found from high school). She was telling me about baptism and why she thought I should do it. I figured if that wasn't God smacking me upside the head, I didn't know what was! So I came home and talked to my husband about it. I made the decision to do it this year, and I immediately knew it was the right decision! I felt peace about it. God had truly lead me to this momentous decision! I was baptized 2 weeks after that, just this past Sunday. I can't begin to tell you how great it was! I have never felt so loved in my whole life. I felt God closer than I've ever felt Him before. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I wish everyone would go thru the experience! It's truly amazing! That's it for today. Stay tuned for more tomorrow...or later today, I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment