"For I can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13



Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Importance of Friends

Last night I went out with my friend Laura and her friend Kelli. $2 margaritas at Hacienda are AWESOME!!! Anyway, it's been a long time since I've had friends. When I met Shane, my world shifted to him. I only wanted to be with him and gradually all my friends just kinda slipped away. 10 years later it was starting to catch up with me. I started to feel really lonely and a bit depressed. I didn't have any friends outside of the family that I could talk to. I love my family, and Kelly is wonderful, but it's just not the same, you know? I started to feel that my defining characteristic was wife and mother, which is a huge part of who I am, but it's not all of me. There's so much more to me than just that. So somewhere down the line, I lost myself. Then I found Laura on Facebook a few months ago. It's been great finding her again. She got me started going to church, we go out every now and then (like last night). And little by little I'm finding me again. It's great! So this is why friends are so important...they keep us sane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment