"For I can do anything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13



Monday, September 21, 2009

Just a Smidge of Gripe

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy day. We went to church, a bit disappointed w/the message, but I guess they can't cater to my likes and dislikes every week, now can they? I just wish they'd lay off the money aspect of it, you know? I don't want to go to church and hear about the new giving kiosk they've got or how much it costs to run a church. I appreciate the fact that, w/as big as our church is, it costs some buku bucks to keep the place running smoothly. I also understand that giving in offering and titheing are important. But do we really need to have not one, but two messages on it? Our series right now is 'If today was your last day, what would you do?', and frankly, the haven't even touched on that subject. It's been all about money for the past two weeks. I like the messages that mean something to me, that make me want to talk about it to someone. I want to talk about these messages, but not in a good way. I want to be able to tell people about how this message touched me, or stayed w/me. I'm getting nothing out of the messages the past two weeks. Does that make me a bad Christian? I want to shout from the rooftops that I'm a believer, that I love Jesus, that only thru Him are we saved! And yet these messages have gotten me down. I need to pray about it, that's what I need to do. Thanks for listening to me gripe! Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment